Welcome to Whinesday! If you don’t hear enough whining and want to hear mine, stay tuned. I had much different plans, but ya know life. It throws the punches and I get to ducking, dodging, bobbing and weaving. Then I fight back. I would much rather be celebrating a Winsday. Unfortunately, Whinesday wins this week. In conclusion, I need wine and to do my own whining.
I’m NOT Limitless
I’ve heard every whine and been given enough snarky attitude my teenage daughters and preteen could muster. Normally, I’d find some solace in a moment of silence. You know the one. The bargaining with God to just cut you some slack before you make those spoiled kids see that light. This is my personal “come to Jesus” attitude. It consists of the snarky remarks and quick wit aimed indirectly at their every pity party moment.
I’ll spare the aches and pains of teenage girl trauma, drama land that I have the pleasure of residing in on a day to day basis. My patience, and I believe my husband would agree, falls either at near saintlike or ‘b*tch I wish you would I’ll burn your mf’ing clothes…real talk’ Honestly I don’t have that middle ground. Once its all used up, it’s DONE and momma has no qualms about being that mom either.
Share the Love with a Mother!
This one is for my other mommas in current battle, in post victory <or defeat> and for the other mothers. I desperately need some judgment, encouragement, skills, classes or keep your sanity strategies to get my life out of fight or flight and back on the winning Wednesday side of this war against the whine!
Self Assessed Hot Mess
I’ve carved out my strengths and my weaknesses as a mom, woman, human. I’m not scared of self criticism. Honestly, I know I’m a hot mess riding the my threefold bipolar express. The ride ain’t easy, nor is this mom life we live. Help a mother out!
Strong as a Mother
- Understanding and empathetic.
- Sees the best in <most> people
- Giving of myself…love, body, mind, spirit, money, blood, sweat, tears, peace of mind and sanity. Not to mention my socks, my hoodies, snacks, caffeine, mascara and other life sustaining mom necessities.
- The fixer. The chaos coordinator extraordinaire. The ultimate unconditional love and support of a mom.
- I work my a double the s off for the money to meet their needs AND their wants as often as I can.
- I’m not asking for perfection just the R-E-S-P-E-C-T I deserve as the giver of life, love, financial support, Nike shoes and fancy salad lunches. Not to mention the very comforts these children have access to these days.
- I’m ALWAYS there. Every game, concert, award, meeting, conference and appointment. They can rely on me to be there and if I’m not, there is someone I have assigned to my role for that day.
- I talk, openly, about our past, the good bad and the ugly, whenever they need me to. I give them space and listen. I give advice.
- I’m honest. There is no sugar and no pretend. I’m real. Authentic. Weird.
- My home is open to their friends. If they are all at my house I know where they are and *mostly* what they are doing.
- I value presence and time with my kids.
- I am open to their thoughts, opinions, and views. I’m accepting of their personal views. I respect their feedback.
- I am a mom who will fight for them, with them and sacrifice to make sure they don’t have more trauma to unravel later in life.
- I am intolerant of lying. It’s a guarantee that I will second guess.
- I overthink, overanalyze and overall am a bit dramatic.
- My mood swings have moodswings.
- I feed off the energy of others…good and bad.
- I’m quick to get defensive if attacked.
- I tend to see the worst case before seeing the silver lining.
- I’m overly money conscious. You may get Nike shoes, but I’m thrifty. Coupons, hand me downs, thrift shops, and outlets are my options.
- I procrastinate.
- I hyperfocus on work.
- I run myself down to the point I need to check out to check back in at times.
- I cuss like woman who has worked with men and in construction her entire life. <I have and still do>
- I’m easy on my kids. I hate long punishments. I back down or slack after a bit of time.
- I do put them first, above anyone else…even myself.
- I have the guilt of all of our pasts weighing on me always.
- I have a hard time drawing boundaries.
So…I’m the mom who grounds you for a week and let’s up after a few days. I’m the mom who will give you all the rope I have then free you when tangled it. I let it slide, but then get overly upset when that slide gets too slippery. I love them enough, but feel like it’s not enough to make up for their pain. I’m the safe place, but I am worried that makes me more of a friend. I’m the good cop, the bad cop, the judge and the jury. With three girls I’m constantly told this one is not held to the same standard as the others.
It’s a never-ending back and forth power dynamic. I want what all moms want, right? Take care of your own stuff, take care of our stuff, clean up your messes, do your best in school, help out for the money you want to spend, and treat the people in your life with respect. That and peace on earth, the usual, no biggie.
That’s my long whine this Whinesday. However, I’m hoping to have a Winsday soon. I need a win for the home team, and this momma is tired. Mommin’ ain’t easy! Real talk. However, there is no give up or surrender for my threefold and I. We’ve got this! Withe some mom tribe tips of the trade I’m sure I’ll be back to Winsday in no time! Comment below your motherly words of wisdom! Message me on Facebook or send me email. Until next time! ☮️💙😊~M
PS: Happy FALL y’all! 🍁🍂🍁